Friday, July 15, 2011

Settle In Seattle.


It's raining men today. None of them are the men I want.
It's raining women today. None of them are the women I want.
It's raining today. Is the earth shedding a tear or two for me?
It's raining today. Is the earth crying it's little heart out for me?

You see, they're all in front of me. Though, I refuse
to settle. I will fight, and I will win this damn battle.
To love is to cause yourself pain. And to cause
yourself pain is to love. Tricky isn’t it?

Do you DARE settle? Do you dare settle for the achievable?
I refuse. I refuse to settle for the achievable. I will reach.
And reach I will damn it. If it's the last thing I do. The things
you say are the things I would do anything to hear. To hear
those words come out of his lips...I'd do anything.

You're on my plate and I'll eat you tonight with the rain
pouring down my eyes. Though, you're not the main dish I want.
You've given me all you've got but you're not what I want. I'm
waiting for the dessert to arrive. I'm waiting for the dessert to eat,
I'm waiting for the dessert to be placed on my seat.

Though, it never arrived. It never did. I just waited. And waited I just did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment