Friday, April 29, 2011

Where Art Thou?

I am in search for the person I once was.
Today I woke up incredibly sick and performed
the same routine I always do. Hit my alarm clock
about 20 times before actually waking up and then
washed my face, brushed my teeth, got dressed,
put on my make-up and blah, blah, blah, blah.

As I was walking out the door I realized that
I am a robot. At least I am living my life as one.
And quite frankly, I am sick of it. I am tired
of walking around all day zombified. I have numbed
myself into only working and occasionally enjoying
myself on the weekends but even THAT has turned
into a routine. Its not spontaneous any longer.

I once was a girl who was full of spunk.
I knew I wasn't the prettiest girl, the smartest
or the skinniest girl in the world but I knew that
my personality always shined through no matter
where I was. 
I have seemed to have lost that girl
I once was. The 
optimism, the smile, the energy..
it has all 
seemed to disappear into a foggy haze. 

I no longer know the girl I once was
and I am beginning to miss her. For she,
would never let herself down and she would
push herself constantly no matter what
situation she was in.


I have turned into this robot. This self-machine
that doesn't allow herself to feel, only work.

Currently I am desperately searching for the
spunky, fun-filled, optimistic girl I once was.  
Is she forever lost? Is she forever gone?
I certainly hope not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment