Monday, January 31, 2011

Pretty Woman

I was watching the movie "Pretty Woman"
yesterday and I started wondering
and asking myself questions.

The main character of the movie, Julia Roberts
is a hooker and falls in love with this business man.
He hires her to be his "partner" for a week so he
has someone with him on the trip to boost his chances of buying companies.

They spend a week together. 7 days, 24 hours a day.
Thats about 168 hours that they spent together.

My question is: Is it possible to fall in love in a time spam of only a week?
Doesn't that seem a little unrealistic? Or, is the fact that they did
spend an entire week together makes it possible for them to fall in love?

If I were to date someone and lets say see them everyday
for about an hour that would only be 30 hours that I've seen them
after an entire month of dating. Sure I'd know them for a month but
would that even be equivalent to knowing someone for a week and
spending time with them everyday for much more than only an hour?

I just began wondering, can a week of spending time
with someone, day and night even be considered
equivalent to dating someone for a month?

It took me one year to fall in love,
is it possible to fall in love in a time
spam of only one week?

No comments:

Post a Comment